On the Calendar
Spring Lecture Series
Unfortunately, because of concerns for the spread of the COVID19 virus, we are postponing the lectures.
Whaleboat Battles on LI Sound
During the Revolution
Witches in Connecticut
Programs and Resources
The Raymond Boathouse
The Frank E. Raymond Maritime Museum and Boathouse was built for publisher George Palmer Putnam who owned a summer estate on Rowayton Avenue from 1861 to 1867. Although a resident of Rowayton for only a short time, Putnam’s indelible influence can still be felt today.
Enormous thanks to Rowayton Gardener Pamela Proctor and Mike Mushak of Tulip Tree Site Design for their generous donations of design, energy, and time to create this beautiful new entrance to the Boathouse.
Contribute to Our New Exhibit Space
at the Raymond Boathouse
Video: Rock Ledge
“Packet Day at the Five Mile River” was painted by George Avison in 1937 with funding from the WPA Federal Art Project. It was restored circa 1986.