The Seeley-Dibble-Pinkney House, known locally as the Pinkney House, is believed to have been built around 1820, although parts of the house probably date back to the late 1700s. A portion of the basement floor is paved with ‘ballast’ left over from the overseas shipping trade which traveled up the Five Mile River to Rowayton. Four generations of one family lived in this house for more than 150 years until it was sold to the Sixth Taxing District of Norwalk, or Rowayton, in 1971. Today, the Pinkney House is the headquarters for the Rowayton Historical Society where they house their Primary Collection, objects dating from the 1600s to the present, the Photo Archives, which includes over 3,000 photographs, and the Cohn Archives, an extensive collection of primary and secondary sources.
Then and Now Exhibit